Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 Days of Night: Dark Days


After going to the DVD store to get one movie, I invariably fell for the four for $15.00 special; one of which was the sequel to 30 Days of Night. I quite enjoyed the original but, truth to be told, I wouldn't have hired this on its own for $5.95. Throw it in as part of a bargain though, and I thought it was worth it. I read the blurb of the back cover, which sounded like an okay story, but all the pictures were close ups with few people in the scenes which screamed low budget. Suffice to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

For a start, the film had some good actors in it, two of which came from one of my favourite shows - 24 (Mia Kirshner and Rhys Coiro). They had a reasonable sized budget which, whilst still low, they did a lot with. It also had a fairly solid storyline. Sure there were moments where the plot was dictated to by the budget, like when they get trapped in a nest of vampires and pretty much can just walk out of there, but it was still a very good story. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised.

So if you like Vampires, real ones not gay ones that sparkle in sunlight, check out 30 Days of Night: Dark Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment